Sarasota Back Country HOrsemen
Back Country Horsemen of America (BCHA) is a nation-wide organization that is committed to protecting the access of equestrians to public lands. We are a local chapter of the BCHA of Florida and BCHA. We are devoted equestrians who love to ride and explore new trails. We assist with trail maintenance and improvement projects, keeping trails clear for all user groups.
- To perpetuate the common sense use and enjoyment of horses in South West Florida's backcountry and wilderness areas.
- To work to insure that public lands remain open to recreational stock use.
- To assist the various government, state and private agencies in their maintenance and management of said resource.
- To educate, encourage and solicit active participation in the wise and sustaining use of the backcountry resource by horsemen and the general public commensurate with our heritage.
- To foster and encourage the formation of new backcountry horsemen’s organizations.